Building from the wisdom of Peter F. Drucker, we produce leaders who have a deep understanding of their management responsibilities to achieve personal and societal success. We do this by delivering experiential learning in both traditional classroom and virtual environments.
CIAM produces leaders who are responsible, globally oriented, and immersed in practice.
CIAM values and promotes a culture respecting ethics, integrity, and the fulfillment of duty to our constituents, employees and society. These values flow directly from the wisdom of Peter Drucker.
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to verbally and visually communicate effectively in a business setting when making presentations.
- the ability to effectively communicate in written format in a business setting.
- the ability to effectively lead a group in a business environment.
- the ability to work in a professional team that produces deliverables that satisfy expected learning outcomes.
- the ability to work in a team to provide written and verbal consulting projects that satisfy clients’ needs and expectations.
- both functional knowledge and analytic tools to be successful as managers in today’s ever-changing workforce.
A Message from the President
“The California Institute of Advanced Management (CIAM) has one goal: to give you the opportunity to create your own future in the setting of your choice. To accomplish this we have built our courses and our program around what managers and entrepreneurs need to know to succeed in today’s challenging and competitive environment. Top executives and future employers today understand that today’s essential employees--who Peter F. Drucker, The Father of Modern Management, called “knowledge workers”-- cannot be managed, but must be led. Moreover, this leadership role can only be accomplished by managers who not only have MBAs, but also have perspective anchored in experience and in a wide range of disciplines. What you have already learned in life and in college, no matter what your major, and what you have gained from interacting with others in the past, are the doors to opportunity. The CIAM MBA gives you the keys to open these doors by building on your personal world setting.”
- Jennie Ta, MBA, President of CIAM
About the President
Jennie Ta is a co-founder of CIAM. She served as CIAM’s Vice President of Administration/CFO since January 2015, having previously served as Director of Administration/CFO since January 2011. Prior to joining CIAM, she served as Assistant Manager and climbing the ranks to Assistant General Manager at Real Mex Restaurants. She was responsible for all aspects of operations such as training, profit and loss, administration, inventory control, and more. Prior to that, Jennie was Coordinator in the Tuition Assistance department and then Financial Aid Advisor at Touro University International. She has experience in administrative and organizational management in different industries for well over a decade. She was one of five “Rising Star” finalists for LABJ’s 2013 Women Making A Difference Awards. She earned her MBA in 2013.