We at CIAM recognize the challenges of these difficult economic times. Well-paying jobs are hard to find, career objectives need to be changed, and resources for further education are scarce. That is why we created the CIAM MBA – to help you navigate these daunting challenges and reach a goal that you may have thought beyond your reach. We offer both a hybrid and fully online program!
The California Institute of Advanced Management is a unique organization dedicated to building the capacity of students from a wide range of backgrounds to succeed as entrepreneurs and managers in whatever career direction they choose. CIAM offers 6 terms each year with new cohorts of students admitted at the beginning of each term. The MBA requires that students successfully complete the twelve-course curriculum. The hybrid structure of classes means that classes meet for four hours once a week for six weeks and that each course requires the completion of five on-line lessons. Students will do practical research in the form of consulting projects. Instead of tests, CIAM bases grades on papers, reports and presentations. Leadership and teamwork skills are developed as students work collaboratively throughout their course of study, and there is continuous focus on the development of effective written and oral communication. For a complete list of courses and more detailed information, please visit the course catalog or contact CIAM.
The California Institute of Advanced Management is a unique organization dedicated to building the capacity of students from a wide range of backgrounds to succeed as entrepreneurs and managers in whatever career direction they choose. CIAM offers 6 terms each year with new cohorts of students admitted at the beginning of each term. The MBA requires that students successfully complete the twelve-course curriculum. The hybrid structure of courses means that classes meet for about four hours ten minutes once a week for six weeks and that each course requires the completion of five on-line lessons.
Students will do practical research in the form of consulting projects. Instead of tests, CIAM bases grades on papers, reports and presentations. Leadership and teamwork skills are developed as students work collaboratively throughout their course of study, and there is continuous focus on the development of effective written and oral communication.
The CIAM faculty are carefully selected and continuously evaluated. All faculty hold doctorates and have relevant and significant experience in their teaching areas. To ensure their success as facilitators of learning, CIAM not only requires faculty to participate in special training but also requires that faculty adopt the CIAM teaching approach that holds faculty responsible for student learning. Student success is their highest priority.
We have the highest expectations for the achievement and growth of our students, but we know that we will never reach those goals unless we are committed to supporting student learning. We have a coterie of regular faculty and continually engage the best available faculty. We monitor faculty performance closely, and provide CIAM students with a variety of teaching and learning experiences.
-11 months or 22 months option to your MBA degree
-No additional courses required for students with non-business undergraduate degrees
-Convenient class schedule flexible with work
-All faculty have doctorates from accredited universities and are specially trained to CIAM standards
-Opportunities to meet with Distinguished Professors & Business Executives
-Consulting projects in every course
-Free Parking & close to public transportation
-Affordable all-inclusive cost
-All textbooks are free to students and updated every time courses are taught
-Real world practice integrated with theory
-Job finding skills integrated into the program
-Each hybrid course combines 5 online and 6 classroom lessons
-Available in the classroom and 100% online
-Each class limited to 20 students in the classroom and a limited number online
-NO EXAMS - evaluation based on papers, presentations, reports and participation.
Leadership based on Drucker’s Principles
Innovation and Entrepreneurship based on Drucker’s Principles
Accounting For Decision Making
International Business Concepts
Management of Information Systems
Management and Organizational Behavior
Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
Total Credits: 36.0
1) Every Course has 11 lessons.
a. The hybrid program has 6 face-to-face and 5 online lessons given simultaneously: one face-to-face lesson and one online lesson each week over Saturday, Sunday or weeknight.
2) The face-to-face lessons are four hours and 10 minutes long.
3) The 6th and final in-class lesson consists of team presentations of the student group consulting projects. Clients attend.
All students participate and are graded. The feedback of the client, the class and team members are included in the grading. Presentations are a maximum of 30 minutes. Ten minutes are allowed for Q and A. The professor leads discussion after all presentations are made.
Individual Informal Student Presentations
Student Discussion of Lesson’s Principles Applied to their Work or Short Experiential Learning Exercise or Case Study
Class/Group Discussion of Theory/Principle Application
(Progress with Consulting Assignment)
Threaded Discussion Forum and 2-5 Paper assignments
40 minutes (1-2 minutes each)*; Professor assigns topics
Review the chart below to see how CIAM's MBA compares to other MBA's from private and state universities. Prices calculated in April 2016. Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 1(626)350-1500.
GRE OR GMAT:
TUITION & BOOKS:
• Individual Informal Student Presentations
• Threaded Discussion Forum
• Two-Five (2-5) Paper assignments
• Experiential Learning Exercise or Case Studies
60-minute presentation video
60 minute video
Presentations are 1 – 2 minutes in a recorded video.
All assignments are submitted through the Moodle Learning Platform. The professor assigns all topics.
Consulting Team Work
*depending on the size of the cohort, presentations can be up to 5 minutes.
CIAM’s online learning environment includes interactive virtual learning activities and engagement. Students are able to see and hear each lesson from any computer with access to the Internet. Threaded discussions promote productive class interaction, and allow students to connect with classmates and faculty members. Online students actively participate in student consulting group projects.
Hybrid courses combine traditional or in classroom learning with online delivery of instruction. In classroom meets once a week and all class meetings between are delivered using online instruction.
To enable maximum student accessibility, the online classroom, known as the Moodle, is typically available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including holidays. Down time for maintenance and software updates is kept to a minimum.
1. Through class lectures and discussion, the program provides a comprehensive immersion in all the essential elements of business education including Accounting, International Business, Ethics, Marketing, Finance, Organizational Behavior, Quantitative Analysis, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Strategy. These concepts are strengthened through the threaded discussions on line and applied in class through experiential learning exercises and the consulting projects. Live electronic interaction by exceptionally qualified faculty researchers bring students into contact with the latest research methods and conclusions.
2. Critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills are addressed in class through experiential learning exercises, frequent short presentations and the consulting project and report. Faculty, peer and client feedback is effective in teaching the characteristics of effective thinking and communication.
3. Teamwork, leadership, integrity and accountability are taught as concepts and practiced in class through experiential learning and the team-based consulting project.
4. The students will learn the effective use of technology to solve management problems in all classes both online and in face to face meetings. Consulting includes international clients that helps students develop and apply technological skills to overcome the impediments of distance.