Admissions Requirements (International)
1. A Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution in the U.S. or completion of the equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized/accredited institution overseas with a 3.0 or higher GPA (on a 4.0 scale) as shown in the following supporting documents:
a. Original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL academic transcripts in the original language from the issuing institution with official translations (two copies)
b. A course-by-course credential evaluation (report) on the submitted transcripts from an evaluation service in the U.S.
2. Minimum one year of work experience
3. Successful completion of the CIAM Assessment Essay
4. Obtain an acceptable English test score (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic). Scores are valid only if dated within two (2) years of your CIAM start date. See scores below.
Note: Candidates not meeting requirements #1 and/or #2 may petition the Dean to request a waiver. Please review the school catalog for more information.
International Graduate Admissions
International Application Process: PART I
• Application – download the application form below
• Most Current Resume
• Scanned Copy of the Biological Page of your Passport (from your home country)
• Admissions Questionnaire - Download form below
• Statement of Interest
Topic: Please provide us with an essay describing your interest in CIAM’s MBA as to how our
program meets your career and educational objectives
• Send English test score DIRECTLY to CIAM
• Pay $50 application fee – Please contact the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1(626)350-1500 for payment
or pay online at http://ciam.edu/new/make-a-payment
• Submit Official Transcript(s) to CIAM - See CIAM Foreign Transcript Policy and Submission Tips for more details
• If interested in transferring of credits – contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com
• Obtain the Course-by-Course evaluation
Besides official transcripts, a course-by-course credential evaluation is required for ALL students who have obtained an undergraduate
degree out of the United States.
• Visit www.naces.org to select approved evaluation service.
• Any fees for the evaluation service will be the responsibility of the student.
• The student will be notified once the evaluation report is received
• Course-by course evaluations by outside sources (evaluation service) are not accepted in lieu of an official transcript.
• The submission of a complete application package will expedite the admissions process. Once your application has been received and reviewed, the Office of Admissions will contact you about the next step in the admissions process.
Note: If you will be emailing, faxing or mailing an application or enrollment package to CIAM, please include the Admissions Document Coversheet with the packet (Download Below).
If you will be mailing anything directly to CIAM via post, please place it all in one package. Please do not staple, glue, tape or wax seal documents together.
*Mailed transcripts must remain sealed in an envelope by the issuing institution.
Please call the Office of Admissions at 1(626)350-1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions!
Thank you for considering CIAM! No matter where you’re coming from, you will be well supported every step of the way at CIAM. Your experiences here will prove intellectually challenging, while also enriching you personally and culturally. We are dedicated to your success—in the classroom and in your career. Come join the CIAM team, where we believe in possibilities and achieve the extraordinary!
Who do we consider to be international? You are an international student if you are not a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident
Note: International Student Conditional Admission is offered to international students who are academically qualified and wish to study in the U.S., but cannot meet the English requirement for acceptance. Report writing skills and presentation skills are essential for student performance in the CIAM MBA program. Students with conditional admissions must first attend an intensive English Language program in the US at the American English College (AEC), a CIAM approved Language school in Los Angeles. Once the student has completed their English language program, or shown satisfactory English language scores, the students may then transfer to full-acceptance and begin CIAM’s MBA program. For more information on the conditional offer and the English program, please review the School Catalog (page 17) and contact the CIAM Office of Admissions at email@example.com or +1(626)350-1500. In order to receive a conditional acceptance letter from CIAM, students must submit necessary documentation for application to CIAM.
Note 2: You are Eligible to Waive the English Language Exam if you attended an institution in a country where the native language is English for 2 years or more and earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from that institution. CLICK HERE to see Countries Exempt from taking an English Exam.
Important Application Forms:
Before You Apply:
Submit Application Package to CIAM:
International Application Process: PART II
• You are admitted to CIAM: you will receive an acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions via email and mail.
• You will be notified by the Office of Admissions about your status. If you meet all requirements:
• Schedule with the Office of Admissions:
• CIAM Assessment Writing Test
• CIAM Interview
After the Review of Your Application Package
If You Pass the Writing Test and Interview
• Submit Affidavit of Financial Support and Form I-20 Application (a minimum of $38,615 for the student for 11 month program expenses). Please download the form and review instructions below. This form can be submitted along with the application package for those looking to expadite the I-20 process.
• It is recommended to send your signed financial documents as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org in either PDF or JPG format. Please ensure your attachments are smaller than 10 MB in size Submitting documents through a third party site (Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.) cannot be accepted under any circumstances. Alternately, you may also FAX your documents to 1(626)350-1515.
Note: Be sure to keep copies of all documents of Financial Support sent to CIAM. You will need this information for:
1) getting a student visa from the US Consulate/Embassy,
2) US Customs and Border Protection upon entry to the United States, or
3) transferring from another US school.
Submit the Following Document to CIAM:
• If you successfully complete the application process, you will receive an acceptance letter for CIAM’s MBA program, a Form I-20, and other necessary documents.
• Please arrange an appointment at a local U.S. Embassy to secure your F-1 student Visa, as soon as possible.
• Please update your status with the CIAM Office of Admissions and apply for an admissions deferral for a later term, if you are refused a U.S. VISA for any reason. Please review the school catalog for more information about admissions deferral.
• You cannot complete the enrollment/registration process to CIAM until you have arrived in the United States or you have made special arrangements with CIAM.
• Officially enroll in CIAM - Completion of the CIAM registration and enrollment paperwork
• Pay Tuition - The 1st payment is due on the Friday prior to the Student Orientation date
• Attend the New Student Orientation - The week prior to the start of the new term
Note: If payment is not received by the fee payment deadline, a hold will be place on your account, preventing further enrollment activity.
Apply for Your Student (F-1) Visa